I love this “Mom Power” video from EnergyHQ.com and the Oklahoma Energy Resources Board. It makes me laugh each time I view it. It’s a real tribute to the endless energy we have as Moms.
As a Mom on the go, I’m thankful for the many modern conveniences the oil and natural gas industry provides. Here are just a few of the things I use every day that are derived from oil and gas:
- My car with a full tank of gasoline to get where I need to go
- Seat belts and airbags to keep my family safe
- Tires on my car and bicycle
- My mismatched collection of Tupperware for school lunches and leftovers
- My smart phone to keep me in touch with work and family
- My propane grill, which means fewer dishes to clean
- Candles to help mask the odors of my two smelly dogs
- Trash bags for the house and lawn
- Detergent for the endless loads of laundry
- My contacts, reading glasses and medicine bottles
The list could go on and on.
Happy Mother’s Day to all those Moms out there who keep their families safe, organized, mobile and fed. Enjoy your day and keep an eye out for how oil and gas makes your life just a little easier.
Sara Delgado, a communications specialist and 20-year Williams employee, wrote this post. This is part of an occasional series called #Natgas Mom.